m 14 years old and above
The level 1 diver must have the skills necessary to dive in the median area (0 to 20 metres) under the supervision of a level IV diver or above.
For this, you must be able to take responsibility for your equipment and your actions.
During the Level 1 training, you will learn to dive in a new world of which you must assimilate the features and rules and be adaptable.
- minimum age 14 years
Necessary legal papers :
- The written consent from the person legally responsible for the child
li>a medical certificate indicating the non-existence of medical contraindications to scuba diving issued within the last year by a doctor, a doctor of the Federation or a sports doctor (CES, capacity or DU)
- The participant must be a member of the diving Federation (CMAS) with a current license
The minimum age may be reduced to 12 years old under the following conditions :
- If the child asks for it/li>
- If the parents ask the president of the club/li>
- If the instructor agrees to it/li>
- If the President of the club agrees with it.
- If a medical certificate attests of the ability of the child to take part in the course. This certificate must be delivered by a doctor of the Federation, a specialist as defined in Annex 1 of the Federation Medical Regulations or a sports doctor. This certificate must be shown on the first day of the course. ( To download this document from the FFESSM, go to "Download").
Ce certificat devra être présenté dès l’entrée en formation (document officiel FFESSM téléchargeable dans la rubrique "téléchargement").
- The training consists of six open water dives. All the dives take place in the national park of Port-Cros. These dives will consist of theorical training and exploration of the underwater world
The skills required for the certification are :
- No. 1a: USE OF THE EQUIPMENT
- Competence No. 1b: BEHAVIOR AND TECHNIQUES ON THE SURFACE
- N° 2: DIVING AND RETURN TO THE SURFACE
- N°3: CONTROL OF BREATHING APPARATUS
- N° 4: REACTIONS TO SITUATIONS
- N° 5: KNOWLEDGE AND RESPECT OF THE UNDERWATER WORLD
- N°6: (Optional) ADMISSION TO SCUBA DIVING GROUP AT 12 M DEPTH (limited to adults)
- N°7: BASIC THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE
- € 460 including equipment (air tank, regulator, buoyancy compensator, wetsuit, fins, mask, snorkel and weights.)
For further information or to book